We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Why educate for peace? ”. This is a question that many parents and teachers ask me. However, the answer is simple: because it is the only thing that allows us feel connected with others.
And this is what really makes children happy, much more than a last generation toy !, because it is what allows them feel part of something, and know that they have resources to positively transform relationships and, by extension, their close circle.
And with just a few micro movements, such as generosity, kindness, appreciation, altruism or empathy. Because it is through these micro movements that they learn that the well-being of oneself is not at odds with the well-being of others. Transformative movements of the pedagogy of happiness responsable that we can all carry out in our day to day.
Our children are the result of a biological, emotional, psychological, social and spiritual network, and they have an incredible amount of resources, which is what truly makes them and makes us human.
Not surprisingly, as the latest neuroscientific research shows, from the first months of life, we have a rudimentary sense of justice to positively bond with others, and our biology is wise!
Our nervous system and our brain are designed to connect with others through empathy, something logical if we take into account that we grow in groups, we learn from the group and we also develop in it ...
We all want a more empathetic and supportive world, in which children feel happy and do not suffer, but our children will surely suffer in many moments, So let's give them the tools they need to develop their skills, strengths, and talents.
Time to put aside the bad reputation that children are terribly selfish, viewed from behavioral psychology, which has defined them more by what they lacked than by the skills and potential they had, and which neuroscientific research shows today.
So now that we know that humans are emotional and social beings that we have learned to reason, tries to give children opportunities to get to know themselves, for example, by interacting in activities where mutual help is important.
There are many positive traits that children show from the age of 3, such as kindness, love or gratitude, among others, and they are a source of positive emotions and feelings!
1. For children, the ability to feel happier, kinder, and more competent sometimes awakens that potential they have. How? With just a hug in time when they feel insecure, or offering them a caress, a reassuring smile, a look that inspires love and security ...
2. Micro gestures that reinforce secure bond between him and his caregiver, who must be a resilient adult capable of fostering, for example, spontaneous generosity, and that does not, therefore, include sharing only tangible things. It can be about giving time, space for family games, sharing dreams and ideas, because this is the reason why we want generosity to expand in all its nuances.
3. It is important that those who educate, help children and adolescents to understand that it is essential to discover how positive it is to give and to learn to receive, and to decide from whom, in what situation and how.
4. You have to help them understand that a generous act is the same as saying to the other person "I care about you", because this is how they will learn to value the well-being of others as a source of their own well-being. You can show him, for example, the importance of buying products that use the money for charitable causes or acknowledge his effort with a gesture of approval, a caress or a knowing look. No more is needed, for the brain this is "the big prize"!
5. Cultivate the importance of help each other in the family.
6. And, also, you can start with educate kindness, so that little by little it becomes a habit that will help you discover a new way of being and know how to behave in hitherto unknown situations. Kindness allows them to take some emotional distance and therefore make better decisions or decide when and how to get involved. For the children, kindness is also an excellent gateway to generosity and altruism.
You can read more articles similar to How to promote attitudes that help parents educate children for peace, in the category of Conduct on site.