We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Linzer cookies are characterized by having two cookies joined by jam or chocolate, letting the filling show through the top. They create a very striking effect that you can recreate with our recipe, step by step, in the shape of a heart and give away on Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or Friendship Day.
These beautiful cookies can be a detail to surprise your partner or friends on the day of love and friendship, or on any other special occasion. A very fun recipe to make with children and have a snack or breakfast.
- 400 gr. Of flour
- 250 gr. butter or margarine
- 200 gr. icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 20 ml. vanilla extract
- Strawberry or raspberry jam
- Cocoa cream
Tips: You will need two molds with the same shape, one smaller than the other.
1. Mix the flour with the salt, and in another bowl the butter or margarine with the sugar and vanilla extract.
2. Pour the butter or margarine into the flour bowl and mix well until you get a homogeneous dough. Make a ball and place in the fridge wrapped in plastic wrap for at least an hour.
3. Remove the dough and spread it on a floured surface with the help of a rolling pin. Make hearts with the large cutters, and separate the half. Trim the other half down the center with the small cutters. Reuse the remaining dough to make more cookies.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the cookies on a tray lined with greaseproof paper. Bake the cookies at 185ºC for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Pour jam or cocoa cream on the base of the cookie, and place one of the hollow interiors on top. Repeat with all the cookies and decorate with icing sugar.
Here are more Valentine's recipes.
You can read more articles similar to Heart linzer cookies, in the Cookies category on site.